Sunday 6 November 2011

Did anybody else get one of these?

I dutifully queued up to 'lobby my MP' a couple of Mondays ago when they had that debate on whether to hold an In-Out-Shake it all about-Referendum, she didn't appear but I did finally receive the attached letter yesterday.

I'm assuming that this is all just the standard wording agreed centrally and then disseminated by Tory MPs when required, but I'd be interested to know what sort of wording was in the letters received by others who were there that day.

I suppose the give away is that the letter starts with "Thank you for taking the trouble to write to me about the Government's position... and the vote that took place yesterday". I didn't write to her, I was actually in the Houses of Parliament on the day that the vote took place. Click to enlarge:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a reply from my MP (Lab), the condensed version is:-

I voted No.
I share your concerns about the EU
I am a eurosceptic
We must stay in but renegotiate terms
Main trading partner, it would be disastrous to leave
It was the honourable thing to do as an in/out is not part of our manifesto.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Anon, presumably the PLP drafted their own wording, which will of course be slightly different to the ones the Tory MPs use.

Anonymous said...

Tried to post two similar letters from Tory MPs but came up against the word limit.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Anon, sorry about that. Can you scan them in an email me the jpg's? It's going to take you forever to type it all in.

PJH said...

Ian Mearns (Lab, Gateshead) didn't even condescend to reply to my missive to him.

Nor did I get an answer to a previous email (unless you count the "I've passed it onto him" from his secretary) about the smoking policy nannyism this and the previous government seems to have a fetish with.