Tuesday 29 December 2015

Life sadly not copying satire.

From The Daily Mash 13 November 2015:

MOTÖRHEAD frontman Lemmy has reassured fans that he is eternal and will never die.

Following the sad death of the band’s original drummer Phil ‘Philthy Animal’ Taylor, Lemmy has confirmed that he, like the music of Motorhead, will never change in any way…


From the BBC 29 December 2015:

Motorhead frontman Lemmy has died aged 70, two days after learning he had cancer, the British band has announced.

Lemmy formed the rock group in 1975 and recorded 22 albums, including Ace of Spades, as he became one of music's most recognisable voices and faces…

4 comments:

James Higham said...

The days of our lives.

Sackerson said...

http://news.bfnn.co.uk/jack-daniels-files-for-bankruptcy-after-lemmy-death/

Mark Wadsworth said...

JH, I liked Overkill best.

S, indeed. My favourite Lemmy quote in this context was "I drink a bottle every day, even if I don't need it".

Shiney said...

Fuck me I'm old.

Saw them on the Bomber tour. Colston Hall Bristol.

Force of nature and totally awesome. Still have the LP on blue vinyl somewhere.