Saturday 4 July 2015

I hate to get involved in this, but...

"...I am 52 years old, and get a Pension of €1,400 per month, and dont know if i will get the next payment. I would vote NO, i have been retired since the age of 50 and get the money sent from Greece, and can use the council Gyms in London for free, free meals on wheels from Hackney Council, it is a good life...."

I would not be at all surprised if he also got housing benefits and council tax relief.

From here

Who are the mugs?

Personally, I am beginning to think that the whole thing - the EU - is some giant gerrymandering exercise based on creating the universal client state.

3 comments:

Rich Tee said...

It's no much different in Britain. I live in the north of England and I keep meeting public sector workers who are already retired at 55.

I've met a nurse who retired at 50 and then she said she then got bored so she started her own cleaning business. Well, nursing is a demanding job so you can't object too much to early retirement for nurses if they want it.

But I've also met a civil service administrator who is already retired at 54. That was just a desk job that she could probably do until 75 if necessary.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Who are the mugs? Not people like him, but they are just the tip of the iceberg so I wouldn't just single him out.

Lola said...

MW. I am not singling him out. I am using him as an illustration.