Wednesday 3 September 2014

My favourite line from the Rockford Files.

I meant to post this for my James Garner Memorial Post but didn't get round to it.

To be honest it's the only line I can remember, and the way I remember it he said and not her, but it's a valuable lesson for life (I've got away with it a few times). From here:

Beth has just got Jim bailed from the police station: Jim notices where she's parked.

Jim: Uh... you're parked in a red zone.
Beth: Oh I always do that. They never give tickets in front of the police station, It's kind of a psychological neutral zone.
Jim: I gotta get a new attorney.

--------------------------------------------
For a slightly cruder version, see Kicking Bishop Brennan Up The Arse:

Ted eventually manages to perform the forfeit, acting on Dougal's suggestion to kick Bishop Brennan and act as if nothing had happened (Reasoning that, since Ted would never kick Bishop Brennan under normal circumstances, he may be able to get away with it as Bishop Brennan would never believe Ted would do such a thing).

1 comments:

Lola said...

Among all the American TV tripe the Rockford files was notably good value. Not in the least because Mr Garner was so good at it.