Friday 3 May 2013

"My remarks then have been persistently misreported" says David Cameron "I quite clearly said 'these are our sort of people, people like us'"

" 'Fruitcake' is one of the terms of endearment, a pet phrase Sam and I frequently use to and about each other, and I don't know why that clip -  recorded may I point out on one of LBC's cheap battery operated and indeed battered cassette recorders - keeps getting re-aired    ...   how many times do I have to point out that whilst that barely audible and suffering from noise and hiss very poor recording can be, according to some people, said to show me saying something else what I actually said, and I know this because I was reading from a pre-agreed interview script, was 'Ukip is a great bunch of  fruitcakes and other lovelies, some of whom are close friends'.  I said it then and I happily repeat it today"

0 comments: