Wednesday 13 March 2013

I'm sure there's an opportunity for a vaguely golf related joke here...

From The NY Daily News:

It was an unexpected sinkhole-in-one for a claustrophobic Missouri man who was swallowed up while walking on the fairway of an Illinois golf course on Friday. Mark Mihal, a 43-year-old mortgage broker from Creve Couer, was at the 14th hole at Annbriar Golf Course in Waterloo, about 25 miles southeast of St. Louis, when he disappeared into the earth.

PHOTOS: SINKHOLES AROUND THE WORLD

"I felt the ground start to collapse and it happened so fast that I couldn't do anything," Mihal said on his website golfmanna.com. "I reached for the ground as I was going down and it gave way, too. It seemed like I was falling for a long time. The real scary part was I didn't know when I would hit bottom and what I would land on."

Mihal, whose wife Lori describes as claustrophobic, suffered a dislocated shoulder as he fell onto the mud floor of a bell-shaped sinkhole that measured 18-feet deep and 10-feet wide.


D'you see what they did there: "sinkhole-in-one"? Absolute genius.

3 comments:

View from the Solent said...

Does that count as a free drop?

Lola said...

Mortgage broker? Subtle comment from the Almighty?

Mark Wadsworth said...

VFTS, something something "open" something something.

L, probably.