Monday 23 April 2012

"Farmer thrown 10ft and repeatedly gored by bull"

From The Daily Mail:

The 69-year-old farmer – who suffered ruptured lungs, 17 broken ribs, a ruptured spleen and damage to almost every vital organ – said: 
"He had come silently through the cows, he was meaning to get me and he got me. He meant to kill me. He spun me 10ft in the air and before I hit the ground he had me again. After that he just bored me into the ground. I could feel my ribs breaking. They were snapping like carrots.

"I put two fingers into his eye but it did not make any difference, he kept on coming at me. He bored at me again and got me behind a wall. I didn’t think I was going to survive. I could feel my lungs filling up with blood and I was gasping for breath.

"Once he had got me behind the wall and kept attacking me I knew the only thing I could do was feign death to survive. He thought he had beaten me. He was still very close to me. I could touch his nose he was so close, but luckily he stopped then because he thought I was dead."

This must be the world's toughest farmer, he - aged 69 - was out of hospital again after two weeks.

Spotted by JuliaM

5 comments:

Electro-Kevin said...

Is it always farmers ?

Perhaps dairy cows are pissed off with having their calves taken away. Perhaps they have longer memories than we think.

Mark Wadsworth said...

EK, during the summer months, plenty of tourists and ramblers, in particular those with yappy dogs, are attacked by cows. Attacking farmers is a year-round thing when there are no other likely victims.

A K Haart said...

Some ramblers don't allow dogs on their walks for a variety of reasons, one of which is their effect on cows.

Bayard said...

"particular those with yappy dogs, are attacked by cows"

Go, cows! I hate yappy dogs too.

James Higham said...

What is it with all these people? I've never had trouble with cows.