Monday 11 October 2010

Bloggers Cabinet Reshuffle (1)

I originally nominated people for my Bloggers Cabinet nearly two years ago, since when some have stopped 'blogging and so on (and thus disqualified themselves), so I've done a bit of slimming down and reshuffling.

The Home Office

Home Secretary - Julia M*
Drugs (Legalisation, Regulation & Taxation Thereof) - Jock Coats
Data Security - Longrider
Deregulation - Steven_L**
I've got a spare place if anybody wants it.
Head of MI5 - James Higham**

Tomorrow - Environment

* Originally JuliaM was 'Justice Minister' and I had others for 'Immigration' and 'Police and prisons' but they've stopped 'blogging so we can merge all this back into just 'Home Secretary'.

** New appointments.

17 comments:

Dick Puddlecote said...

I'm eager to see what's happening with the Treasury personnel. As a member of the Health Ministry, I want to ask them for a cut in our budget. ;)

Mark Wadsworth said...

DP, that's up on Wednesday. I've got three people assigned to cost cutting, so you've just made their lives a whole lot easier.

Rational Anarchist said...

How often would one have to blog to be considered? I currently have little motivation, but if there were a cabinet position in it for me... :p

Mark Wadsworth said...

RA, invent yourself a job if you so wish, but I'm not letting you anywhere near 'pensions reform' :-b

Captain Ranty said...

Can I be in charge of HMRC please?

I won't be there very long. No need for an office or a car, or pay. I will abolish it within five minutes of my getting to the building.

CR.

Mark Wadsworth said...

CR, too late. We'll be shutting down most of HMRC anyway, because tax collection will be dealt with by HM Land Registry and local councils' existing Council Tax/Business Rates departments.

James Higham said...

I'd like to be head of MI5 in this.

AntiCitizenOne said...

Minister for Technology pls.

Mark Wadsworth said...

JH, seeing as you ask so nicely.

AC1, I've already got a science minister. I had pencilled you in as 'Minister for reducing government spending on procurement from private companies'.

Tim Almond said...

I'll have DCMS. A department that will last about as long as Pope John Paul I.

Mark Wadsworth said...

JT, sure, I've just widened your 'portfolio' a bit this time round.

Robin Smith said...

Have they all ready 1984 and understood it?

Steven_L said...

Wow! I'm flattered MW. I take it since I'm at the Home Office DBIS is scrapped on day one?

I'll get to work on my mainfesto!

Mark Wadsworth said...

SL, that's why I need people like you, to remind me that DBERR is called DBIS this week (again?).

Jock Coats said...

Drugs (Legalisation, Regulation & Taxation Thereof) - Jock Coats

One out of three policies is a start, I suppose.

Mark Wadsworth said...

JC, what are the other two?

Captain Ranty said...

It's hard to mask my disappointment, but fair enough. As long as some bugger shuts them down, I'll be happy.

CR.