Friday 12 March 2010

Oh deer...

From The Daily Mail:

A father of two was killed when a deer smashed through the windscreen of the van in which he was travelling, an inquest heard today. Malcolm Brown, 32, was struck so hard by the animal that the passenger seat he was sitting in was forced into the back of the vehicle. He died instantly. The deer had bolted into the middle of the road where it was hit by a Vauxhall Corsa travelling in the opposite direction to the van Mr Brown was a passenger in...

5 comments:

View from the Solent said...

"The deer was severed in two, with half its body ending up in the back of the van .."
But who got the rest of the venison?

James Higham said...

I believe it was a cow but they're just covering up.

Mark Wadsworth said...

VFTS, maybe the whole thing's a cover up. Perhaps two poachers divided the spoils and then one murdered the other or something.

But I think that JH's explanation is more likely.

Lola said...

Dogs are at it too. A neighbour reckoned she tripped over her dogs lead.

"I tied him up whilst I took off my wellies and somehow his lead got wound round my legs and when I tried to take a step I fell over and broke my arm and fell on my face. IT WASN'T THE DOG'S FAULT" She said.

But we know different, don't we?

Mark Wadsworth said...

L, now that's clever. Dogs traditionally just bite people, and then get destroyed. This way the dog can pass it off as 'an accident' and plan its next act of sabotage.