Sunday 27 December 2009

Conspiracy theory of the weekend

From New World Order Report:

A Michigan man [Mr Haskell] who was aboard Northwest Airlines Flight 253 says he witnessed Umar Farouk Abdul Mutallab trying to board the plane in Amsterdam without a passport...

While Mutallab was poorly dressed, his friend was dressed in an expensive suit, Haskell said. He says the suited man asked ticket agents whether Mutallab could board without a passport. “The guy said, 'He's from Sudan and we do this all the time.'”

Mutallab is Nigerian. Haskell believes the man may have been trying to garner sympathy for Mutallab's lack of documents by portraying him as a Sudanese refugee. The ticket agent referred Mutallab and his companion to her manager down the hall, and Haskell didn't see Mutallab again until after he allegedly tried to detonate an explosive on the plane..

5 comments:

John B said...

The $50,000 question is whether Mr Haskell is simply insane, or whether he thinks he can make a shedload of cash from making this up?

Mark Wadsworth said...

JB, I'd guess one-third the former and two-thirds the latter. But maybe, and this is an outside chance, he's actually telling the truth?

TheFatBigot said...

I have a plan. I'm going to board a plane while carrying an explosive device.

I have two choices. Either I draw attention to myself or I try to sneak through as an ordinary passenger.

Goodness me, what a difficult choice it is.

I know what to do, I'll turn up without a passport and use a uniquely Islamic name. That must increase my chance of sneaking my bomb on board. No one will think of searching me if I don't have a passport.

Ho hum.

JuliaM said...

Ross has the right idea! :D

AntiCitizenOne said...

wanted picture here