Tuesday 7 July 2009

For the benefit of Rab C Nesbitt

If you want to set up a "recent comments" widget, I'd recommend that you go to the aptly-named Tips for new bloggers* and use their template. You have to change some setting or other in your 'blogger dashboard as well, if memory serves.

There are other templates (which people left in the comments to this post at the end of December 2008 - you'll find them if you search around a bit), but these seem to be even more faffy.

* Retrospective thanks to Neil Harding who originally referred me to this most useful resource.

2 comments:

RantinRab said...

Thanks Mark, I really wish I hadn't had the bright idea to arse about with my blog.

Lesson learned!

RantinRab said...

Mark, The widget didn't work on my template, however I stumbled upon a very easy/simple method of getting a recent comments widget and it's now up and running.

Many thanks for your time, much appreciated.