Tuesday 21 June 2016

More EU Musings

Quote from an email from an old mate of mine that emigrated to Oz years ago.
""I guess for Australia the big positive for out is that we would be able to have free trade agreements with the UK & that the rite of passage couple of years in the UK would come back for young people. (Apparently due to the number of other foreigners the UK takes people allowed in from Aus. & NZ has dropped dramatically)."
Discussions with Austrian waiters in Salzburg:
Really could not see the point of the EU.  Were furious about EU debts and house prices in Salzburg. Were much happier with Schillings than Euros and think Euro has led to high prices, i.e. 'inflation'. Think UK should go to set the ball rolling.
Discussion with Scots holiday-maker in Vienna.
Out.  Now.
German Waiter in Vienna hotel.
Couldn't really see the point of the EU.
And to cap it all Her Maj:
Please could someone give me three reasons for staying in the EU?

6 comments:

paulc156 said...

Judging by your random global sample I shouldn't worry in any case...it sounds like a landslide for Brexit. Game over.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Good list.

Rich Tee said...

I live in quite a mixed area in Leeds, with council housing close to old Victorian houses, so the well-off living near the less well-off.

I have noticed Remain posters in the Victorian house windows, whilst the council house next to me is displaying a Leave leaflet on it fence. This does rather neatly show generally which side is supported by whom, at least in the north of England.

I have wondered whether I should take photos of the two properties but I don't want my neighbour seeing me photographing his house in case he thinks I'm a nutter!

Lola said...

Rt. Too late. You come to this LVT supporting blog. By definition you are a nutter

Lola said...

P156 I am not so sure. So, do I pay my Swiss hotel bill in advance, or not?

James Higham said...

Not sure about the landslide.