Thursday 20 March 2008

Global warming causes global cooling!

Yada, yada, I don't believe any of this guff any more, the latest Shock! Horror! is that the Arctic Ice is melting* and that this will cause the oceans to cool down. As I live on a small island in the North Atlantic that is kept relatively warm for its latitude by the Gulf Stream, this, if true, would really piss me off. But by the same token, isn't this a glorious example of how the climate regulates itself?

See also "Global warming blamed for unusual cold spell", I shit ye not.

* Also from the article, this fascinating factoid: "Last winter, 15 million sq km of ice formed over the Arctic – a four per cent rise and the most since 2003".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Arctic Ice is melting?

In Spring?

Who'd have imagined that.

DOppenheimer said...

Never believed any of the green rubbish, so this comes as no surprise for me!