Sunday 25 September 2022

Bigger, softer, faster!

I started again from scratch. 36" deck, 21" wheelbase, 8.5" trucks, 75mm wheels etc. Everything is about 20% - 25% bigger than the first one (on the left for comparison).

That was my first attempt at cutting out a deck. The basic surfboard shape is fine, but I messed up on the finer detail and I know it (the outline is a bit wobbly and the truck holes are slightly out of line). I've learned from my mistakes and have a second bit of marine ply for another try next week or whenever:

3 comments:

Lola said...

Make an accurate jig for positioning the truck mounts. It takes time but it will pay off big time.

Mark Wadsworth said...

U, ta, but I've thought this through

Strip trucks down to just the base plate.

Drill one hole in right place.

Affix one corner of base plate.

Get base plate lined up properly.

Drill other three guide holes using base plate holes as template/jig.

Lola said...

BTW U = Lola - Google issues...