Thursday 27 June 2019

What I wish Prince William had said...

From the BBC:

Prince William has said he would "fully support" it if one of his uncles came out as gay, but admitted he would "worry" about the added pressures he would face. It was something he had thought about since becoming an uncle, he said.

"I wish we lived in a world where it's really normal and cool, but particularly for my family, and the position that we are in, that's the bit I am nervous about," he said...

The duke said he backed "whatever decisions" one of his uncles might make, but added: "It does worry me from a nephew's point of view. How many barriers you know, hateful words, persecution, all that and discrimination that might come, that's the bit that really would trouble him.

"But that's for all of us to try and help correct and make sure we can put that to the past and not come back to that sort of stuff.

"In case you're wondering, I mean Edward."

0 comments: