Saturday 11 May 2019

Before/after of the day

Although I prefer to keep things original*, my final repair/improvement job on the MX-5 Mk2 (which will now run problem-free for the next ten or twenty years, Scouts' honour) was replacing the original arm rest/console, which had a rubbish floppy hinge and no cup holder with one from the later MX-5 version Mk2.5, which has a proper solid hinge, a slightly deeper cubby hole and two cup holders. The rear one is even specially shaped so that it will take a mug with a handle:





* The original one is going in the shed 'in case I ever need it'.

4 comments:

Lola said...

It's an auto!!!!

George Carty said...

One of my work colleagues had a Mk2 MX-5 until a couple of years ago: not sure if she got rid of it because it was worn out or because she'd had a child...

Mark Wadsworth said...

L, yes, the MX5's an auto, the MR2 is a manual. One of each.

GC, don't worry, she'll buy herself another one for her 50th birthday.

George Carty said...

My thoughts on said work colleague were more that she was the most attractive woman at my company (to the point that I felt somewhat relieved when she went on maternity leave): the car was just something I'd recalled in passing.