Friday 1 July 2016

"Jeweesh Labour MP Ruth Smeeth was reduced to teers at Labour’s antee-Semeetism inquiry press conference"

From the Neew Statesman:

Speeking at a press conference on Labour’s antee-Semeetism eenquiry report, Jeremy Corbyn joked: “Last summer, I called for a kinder, gentler politeecs. Sadly I have to report that ees steell a work een progress.”

A wry aside, but one that greemly summed up how thees event played out. Perhaps unsurprisingly, at a time when an offeecial reeport has to recommend that eelected politeecians “reesist the use of Heetler, Nazee and Holocaust metaphors, deestortions and compareesons”.

7 comments:

James Higham said...

Now they know what it's like to be a WASP, vilified from dawn to dusk ... and even later.

Staffordshire man said...

I don't understand the point or the tone of this article, even less so for the comment.
At least I hope I don't

Mark Wadsworth said...

SM, her name is spelled in a very odd fashion is all.

JohnM said...

SM, her name is spelled in a very odd fashion is all.

Curiously her attacker's name is Marc Wadsworth

Any relation?

Mark Wadsworth said...

JM, he is my black activist alter ego, I'll send him a supportive email.

Staffordshire man said...

ok mark, me being over sensitive, i usually spot your spoof articles and such.

Mark Wadsworth said...

SM, don't you mean "over senseeteeve"?