Tuesday 2 February 2016

Sainsbury's Buy Argos

From the BBC

Sainsbury's has offered £1.3bn to win control of Argos owner Home Retail Group.
After revealing earlier this month that an approach last year was rejected, the supermarket giant has offered the equivalent of 161.3p a share for the retailer.

Presumably, the contract was signed with a small blue biro and then had to wait for their number to collect their shares.

(I do actually like Argos - they have some good bundle deals on Wii U games, you can order from home and collect the same day and you're in and out in 5 minutes).

3 comments:

Rich Tee said...

I've hardly used Argos since my local shopping centre got an Amazon locker. When I bought my washing machine they wanted £30 more than ao.com for the same model with less flexible delivery times.

Tim Almond said...

RT,

Probably not worth it for that, no. But 50p on a Wii U game to get it today? I'll pay that (and sometimes they have a bundle, like buy a game, get another cheaper).

Mark Wadsworth said...

I like Argos. Does what it says on the tin.