Monday 17 August 2015

"Bulls kill seven at Spain summer festivals"

From the BBC:

Bulls have gored seven people to death during festivals across Spain since the beginning of July - four of them over the past weekend. The deaths occurred during bull-running in the streets, not in bullrings. It is an unusually high number of fatalities for such a short period...

Last year more than 7,200 bulls and steers (castrated bull calves) were killed by bullfighters across Spain, the news website El Diario reports.

2 comments:

James Higham said...

Bloody cows - and have you seen the look they give you! On the other hand, am I allowed to confess I don't like like bullfighting?

Mark Wadsworth said...

JH, it seems a bit perverse to me, but each to his own,. I eat meat so am I any better? Does it make a difference that I would rather not be confronted with animals being killed and other people enjoy watching it?