Monday, 9 December 2013

"Wise man 'offered bribe' for Baby Jesus visit"

From the BBC:

Once again it is that time of year - when we remember Joseph's selection process for the original Nativity line-up.

Some wise men took matters into their own hands in a bid to be immortalised as one of the first to see God's Chosen Son.

New father Joseph later told scribes: "A lesser known wise man did come and offer me 'to see me right' if he could join the other three."

He added, "As I'd just become a father for the first time, I didn't know how to handle it - but Mary and I had decided that three well-wishers was quite enough for the time being.

"It was already getting a bit crowded, what with the animals, angels, shepherds and whatnot."


Bayard said...

What was his name? Toniblair?

Mark Wadsworth said...

B, nobody knows. It might have been Gavin or Keanu for all I know.