Tuesday 10 September 2013

"Pair of terrified ramblers cornered by two angry BULLS"

The Daily Mail on top form:

A pair of ramblers spent nearly an hour trapped on top of a flimsy wooden stile after being cornered by two angry bulls.

Jennifer O’Malley and her partner Dave Alden were walking in Altarnun, Cornwall, when the aggressive animals blocked their path. The couple sat on top of the stile for almost an hour before having to drag themselves through a hedge to safety.


It must have been awful for them. But at least they got their footage and 15 minutes of fame.

4 comments:

James Higham said...

Oooooh, nasty.

Bayard said...

"But at least they got their footage and 15 minutes of fame."

and the same photo of Jenny's cleavage printed twice.

Sobers said...

The animal on the right doesn't look like a bull to me. It's certainly not acting aggressive, which I'd have thought it would if there were two bulls in close proximity like that. If I was stuck in that position I'd choose the right hand side to make my escape. The one on the left is definitely all bull, and quite pissed off too! Chances are that they walked in from the right, passed the cow, then encountered the bull that drove them back to the stile. He then caught a whiff of the cow on the other side, and got all wound up.

Anonymous said...

JH, they have my every sympathy but they can't say they weren't warned.

B, as I said, the Mail is on top form with that reportage.

S, I'll take your word for it, but that is part of the joy of a Mail article, the little niggling inaccuracies. But cows are as lethal as bulls, so I'm not sure it makes much difference.