Tuesday 16 April 2013

Fun Online Polls: Newfangled social classes & The Clash

Thank you everybody who took part in last week's Fun Online Poll, another good turnout. Results as follows:

In which, if any, of the BBC's newfangled social classes do you consider yourself to be?

Elite - 11%
Established middle class - 9%
Technical middle class - 19%
New affluent workers - 2%
Traditional working class - 6%
Emergent service workers - 4%
Precariat - 8%
None of the above - 40%


I don't know how many people bothered to do the test at the BBC and how many just gave their own opinion/guessed, but it doesn't seem to matter, the test results seem to be fairly haphazard. FWIW, I ended up as "technical middle class".

It's reassuring to see forty per cent refuseniks, that's the main thing.
-------------------------------------------------
I started listening to The Clash again about ten days ago, for no particular reason. Once everybody started banging on about the early Thatcher years, it seemed to be an appropriate musical back drop so I have been listening to them fairly full time. Inevitably, I find myself wondering which my "favourite" Clash album is, and predictably enough, I find myself concluding: "Well, if I had to choose just one, I think it'd have to be London Calling."

So that's this week's Fun Online Poll, which is your favourite Clash album?

Vote here or use the widget in the sidebar.

0 comments: