Monday 1 October 2012

"Lone jogger gets roo'd shock..."

Spotted by Chuckles in The Courier Mail:

A QUEENSLAND man has survived a terrifying attack by an eastern grey kangaroo, delivering a knockout punch to the rogue animal's face...

Mr Young, 24, was jogging in a paddock near Everdell Park at Gleneagle when the roo squared up against him and landed a swift kick to his stomach.

"I was running along when I spotted a buck and a doe with her joey on the other side of the fence," he said. "I was about 30 yards from the mob ... when the doe started to hop toward me. She looked friendly enough so I didn't give it much thought but then she hopped in my path and came at me, growling and hissing. She started clawing at me so I whacked her a couple of times to get her away."


Probably sounds quite funny if you read it with an Australian accent.

2 comments:

Peter Smith - Rewilding said...

Red Necked wallabies are quite common in the UK - look at this footage taken quite near to where I live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz47ZFCat1g

James Higham said...

I'd like to hear you do one. :)