Monday 14 November 2011

I can see this going horribly wrong...

From The Daily Mail:

... it also emerged today that the London Organising Committee of the Olympic and Paralympic Games (Locog) has underestimated the number of security guards needed nationally for the event.

Locog had originally thought it would need 10,000 guards, but, after a review over the summer, now believes it will need up to 21,000, according to The Guardian. Security firm G4S, which won the contract to provide initial security for the Games, is said to be this week preparing a recruitment drive to make up the shortfall.


Now they've advertised this, presumably UK based terrorists will be applying in droves on the off-chance that a few of them manage to slip through the vetting procedures.

4 comments:

dearieme said...

I'm dreadfully unfit but I am big and scarey, and I can shoot. Could I get a job? I can curse in French and German.

formertory said...

UK based terrorists will be applying in droves on the off-chance that a few of them manage to slip through the vetting procedures

I suspect you're right; but those who already managed to slip through and get well-paid jobs in high-profile political roles and the UK Treasury probably won't bother.

DerekP said...

Surely they'll be obliged to employ some terrorist suspects simply to make up the ethnic quotas?

Chuckles said...

Sounds like normal British management and project management to me? Sums are hard, oh look , a butterfly.