Friday 30 July 2010

Ha ha! I told you so!

My post of 8 June 2010:

I shall adopt the same approach with the recent [oil spill] in the Gulf of Mexico. No doubt the Yanks will engage in a lot of knee jerk stuff (like 'banning' future offshore drilling etc)... and Greenies the world over will adopt Louisana cray fisherman as their poster boys for a while but I give it six months* and the oil spill itself will be history, with or without any mass clean up efforts.

Daily Mail 30 july 2010:

He sparked outrage in the US when he suggested that the Gulf of Mexico oil spill was nothing but a drop in the ocean.... But now, 16 days after the leak was finally stopped, scientists are coming forward to suggest that perhaps BP boss Tony Hayward may have been right after all.

Oil from the well is clearing from the sea surface much faster than scientists expected. Indeed, some are asking whether the original threat was actually exaggerated. And just over 100 days after the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico, killing 11 workers, the water around the Gulf is almost entirely clear...


* With the benefit of hindsight, I'm kicking myself that I didn't say six weeks. Ah well... the MSM has now firmly fixed its gaze on this week's 'worst ever' oil spill. I'm sure the evil capitalists are to blame for that one as well. Whatever.

1 comments:

Bayard said...

"Indeed, some are asking whether the original threat was actually exaggerated."

By politicians, to make some cheap political capital? Is the Pope Catholic?