Thursday 17 September 2009

Attorney Generals* and illegal immigrants

Baroness Scotland's little administrative mix-up reminds me that Janet Reno only became Attorney General "after both of [Bill Clinton's] previous nominees, Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood, had confirmation problems when it was revealed both had previously employed illegal immigrants as nannies."

See also Bernard Kerik, Linda Chavez, Michael Chertoff etc.

The name David Blunkett springs to mind as well, for some reason. In fact, the whole Home Office.

* Or should that be "Attorneys General"?

5 comments:

Simon Fawthrop said...

Yes

Witterings from Witney said...

Can tell you are younger than me - your memory is so much better!

Good spot and well done!

Oh and as an aside the verification word was 'bosess' - quite appropriate in view of her job!

JuliaM said...

Is there anyone employing legal nannies anywhere?

James Higham said...

I'll have to check my little room to see if I have any Tongans tucked away in there.

silicone breast implants said...

I wanna check it. Thanks for this post.