Tuesday 5 May 2009

It's amazing what they just found down the back of the sofa

From Peter Lilley's letter re costs and benefits of the Climate Change Act:

When it comes to your revised estimates of the benefits, however, we enter Alice in Wonderland territory. Even though costs have broadly doubled, the embarrassment of them exceeding your own estimate of the maximum benefits has been eliminated.

The benefits have been dramatically increased tenfold from £105 billion to over £1 trillion. I congratulate on finding nearly £1 trillion of benefits which had previously escaped your notice. But surely such an astounding discovery merits explanation?


Via Christina Speight.

2 comments:

Lola said...

The more I hear and read about ecowarmentalists the more I hear and see that reminds me of my O level History studies into the selling of pardons. And fascism, of course.

Bill Quango MP said...

I love this new method of Labouromics. The cabinet
must permanently wonder why the advertised "any 5 items £1.99" breakfast always works out at £4.65 each. .. " Ohhh ..the tea is extrea..so is the jam..I see."

And I bet they buy Muller corner yoghurt on the two week break before the next bi-monthly 'promotion'