Sunday 24 May 2009

I was surprised to hear them say this

Andrew Marr interviewed David Cameron this morning, and asked him whether he would have a referendum if the Tories won the next General Election after the Lisbon Treaty/Constitution had already been ratified.

Dave just waffled and waffled of course and refused to give a 'yes' or 'no' answer. Unless my ears were deceiving me, Andrew Marr hit back at the waffle by saying "So UKIP are right, then." The transcript should be available here soon and I hope that they leave that bit in.

Also nice was seeing Selina Scott tell Charlie Kennedy that she wanted there to be a referendum on the Lisbon Treaty/Constitution.

5 comments:

Witterings from Witney said...

Did not see it but if it was said also be interesting to see whether the iplayer repeat gets 'edited'!

Anonymous said...

Spot on Mark, I was livid when I saw Cameron's mealy mouthed approach, and refusal to give a clear answer. 10 out of 10 to Marr as well for noticing Cameron's duplicity and continuing to ask the question.

Any chance of my voting Tory has just evaporated, and another vote for UKIP is in the bag.

neil craig said...

I'm pretty sure Charlie would have kept the party's manifesto promise on a referendum. He was the one who opposed the Ieaq war on principle when folk likr Mong were being almost enthusiastic about it so I think he takes principles seriously.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEttpEiYDTc

Stan said...

I'd also like to see someone ask Cameron what the Tories would do if they hold a referendum AND it the people reject the treaty. Then what? The issue won't just go away - the EU won't let it. We've seen their response to the Irish rejection - ratify or else!

Word verification = invester! Lol