Sunday 10 May 2009

Going Down

For some reason, most songs called 'Going down' or similar are pretty good. With links to YouTube videos this time, I present:

Monkees Goin' down
Rolling Stones Going down (guitar lesson here)
JJ Cale Going down
Bruce Springsteen I'm goin' down
Tom Waits 'Down down down' (good cover version here)
Bangles Going down to Liverpool
Melanie C Goin' down

... but the prize for the making the obvious joke goes to Emma Bunton - see her hand gesture about twenty seconds in to her cover version of 'Downtown' (complete with semi-tone gear change just before two minutes):

6 comments:

Nick Drew said...

Got any Quo, mate ?

Tim almond said...

The Stone Roses did a song called Going Down which is not bad. It's also quite obvious what sort of "going down" it's about.

AntiCitizenOne said...

Emma and Me
Sitting in a Tree
K I S S I N G.

/secret fan.

DBC Reed said...

The best is "Going down slow"(1940's?) by St Louis Jimmy which describes the terminal effects of sinful living.The Howling Wolf version contains the lines
"I did not say I was a millionaire;
I said I've spent more money than a millionaire" which I have actually used in a serious conversation.

Dick Puddlecote said...

Leave her alone Anti-Citizen, she's mine. Always has been {drool}

Mark Wadsworth said...

DBC, I skipped the Howlin' Wolf song because it's a bit slow (appropriately enough).