Sunday 8 February 2009

Fun Online Poll results: Maybe I am centre-right?

A big thanks to the nearly one hundred readers who confirmed which UK party they vote for*, results as follows:

UKIP - 35%
None. They're all as bad as each other. - 18%
Conservative - 15%
Liberal Democrat - 13%
BNP - 9%
Green Party - 4%
Labour - 3%
SNP - 2%
Plaid Cymru - 1%
One of the Northern Irish ones - 0%

So there we go. I ran this Poll purely out of personal interest, make of the results what you will. As a Ukipper, it is a pleasant surprise how many confirmed they vote UKIP. I toyed with the idea of including LPUK in the list, but seeing as they have never actually put up a candidate anywhere, nobody can honestly say that they actually vote for them, even if they are paid up members.
----------------------------------------
Anyways. Turning to loftier matters, "Claudia Webbe, [profile here] former deputy chair of the Metropolitan Police Association said: "Boris [Johnson] needs to fully understand that [the word 'Golliwog' is] not just offensive towards black communities, it's offensive to a large majority" (see TheLondonPaper, Friday 6 February 2009).

I dunno. Maybe Carol Thatcher was inexcusably daft to say what she said, but that's her problem. Do I find the term offensive? Nope, not in the slightest. To find out whether I am in a small minority, I have set up this week's Fun Online Poll here, or use the widget in the sidebar.

* Of course, as a pedant I was sorely tempted to ask "For which UK party do you vote..."

6 comments:

Witterings from Witney said...

I would have thought it reasonable to say that UKIP are centre-right, but with libertarian 'leanings'.

AntiCitizenOne said...

I reckon libertarianism only works where land is effectively free.

That's why a lot of sci-fi is Libertarian.

Sue said...

I would love to vote UKIP in a General Election.

I would love them to be in government with a landslide.

Trouble is, it's not likely and in the UK we are forced to vote for the "lesser of the two evils" sometimes.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Sue, we are putting up candidates in most seats, if you're going to 'waste' a vote, at least waste it with your conscience intact.

Sue said...

I am in Spain unfortunately so I'm not sure where that leaves me although I still have the right to vote obviously.

Sue said...

I would come back if we had a decent government but I'm not living in the UK until it's a democracy again.