Wednesday 29 October 2008

Bose SoundDock

Having gone over to The Dark Side a year ago, I decided it was time to try and kick-start the consumer led recovery and have splashed out £150 on one of those Bose iPod docking station thingies:
I'm no sound-quality-obsessive, but I'd rate it absolutely awesome. Bass and drums are punchy to the point of being insistent, yet the whole sound still has a wonderful clarity and you hear all sorts of instruments in a song that you'd never noticed before. And like all small hi-fi systems, it sounds louder and better the further away you are from it.

The only downer is, it doesn't have a headphone socket, but hey.

4 comments:

Simon Fawthrop said...

Bose are good. I've got a WaveSound that I sometimes use for my iPod and even though its only an audio connection the quality is excellent.

I've just purchased, but haven't installed, a BluRay surround sound with iPod docking station I can control through the TV remote. That should be pretty good as well.

Its worth noting, though, that CD's were the peak n sound quality. MP3 was a step backwards.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Ah, but MP3 beats anything else in terms of convenience, that 5% loss in sound quality is a small price to pay.

Anonymous said...

A year on (nearly), how've you found Macs rate? I've still never owned one (I'm a real budget PC kind of lad).

Mark Wadsworth said...

My Mac Mini is awesome. Neither I nor two young kids have managed to seriously crash it yet. The Mac versions of Office are a little bit basic, is my only niggle.