Wednesday 24 September 2008

Fun on-line poll - results

In his speech at the Nulab conference, The Goblin King claimed - without the slightest shred of evidence, of course - that "Some people have been asking why I haven't served my children up for spreads in the papers."

In the spirit of Carrie in Sex And The City, I set up an online poll to establish whether this was true. The responses to the question "Have you been asking why Gordon Brown doesn't offer up his children for spreads in the papers?" were as follows:

"Yes" - 6 (3%)
"No" - 58 (29%)
"I couldn't care less about his stupid children, the man is responsible for ruining the country, FFS" - 143 (69%)

So there we have it. Another Big Fat Lie from Mr Shit.

2 comments:

John Pickworth said...

Actually Mark, some people did ask Gordon this question... and I know her name too ;-)

___________________________________

Gordon Brown meets the Experts
(Skynews / aired 19th Sept 2008)

KAY BURLEY:

He (Tony Blair) was very much aware of his children, obviously as you were talking about earlier, many parents in the country are always keen to see the Prime Minister’s family. Why do you not let us know more about your soft side, why do you not let us know more about your human side? Why can’t we appreciate your gorgeous little boys like you do? Why can’t we just be more aware of you as a family man?

GORDON BROWN:

Well I am a family man but you know, I made a choice to go into politics, Sarah married me and knew that I was a politician and so she made that choice with me and we went together in doing the things that we do and we like to go to events together and to do things like that but our children didn’t make that choice. I have got to protect young children who are growing up, who I want to have an ordinary childhood and our children didn’t make any choice about politics, we did and I think I have got a duty to protect them so that they have an ordinary childhood. I want them to grow up not to think there is anything special, I want them to grow up in an ordinary way and to get the benefit of having friends and having people around them without the glare of publicity and I think that is only fair to my children.

KAY BURLEY:

But in doing that you come across some might say as rather a brusque Scotsman …

GORDON BROWN:

That’s not how in intend to be! [Laughs]

KAY BURLEY:

But that’s what happens.
___________________________________

As soon as Brown raised this in his conference speech, I recalled the interview transcribed above. Therefore I blame Kay Burley for giving him the idea.

Mark Wadsworth said...

Good find!

Why does she describe his kids as "gorgeous" if she doesn't know what they look like? Could that have been totally scripted?