Tuesday 6 November 2007

Friday Hill

You may or may not remember possibly the worst manufactured band of all time, from a few years ago, called Blazin' Squad.

A splinter band thereof, called Friday Hill, released a cracking single in the interim, called 'Baby goodbye', available on Now 62*, with the catchy chorus "I ... wanted you to go your way, I ... wanted you to go mine"**

I have now worked out why they called themselves Friday Hill***. Which puts them in the same pop-trivia category as E17, All Saints and Al Green****

* Disc 1, track 17.

** The word "I" was sung about one octave higher than the rest.

*** Which is right next to
'Pimp Hall Park'. Bizarre.

**** When he first started, he performed with his wife Beth. Their stage name was "Beth'n'Al Green"

1 comments:

Henry North London 2.0 said...

http://highlytrainedmonkey.blogspot.com/

Have a look at the header It made me crack up