Saturday 15 September 2007

1984 (1)

"Winston was writing in his diary ... For the moment it was too difficult to go on. He shut his eyes and pressed his fingers against them, trying to squeeze out the vision that kept recurring. He had an almost overwhelming desire to shout out a string of filthy words at the top of his voice. Or to bang his head against the wall, to kick over a table, and hurl the ink-pot through the window - to do any violent or noisy or painful thing that might black out the memory ...

"He pressed his fingers against his eyelids again. He had written it down at last but it made no difference. The therapy had not worked. The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever"*

Pretty much sums up swearblogging**, actually.

*From '1984' by George Orwell.

**(TM) Devil's Kitchen.

3 comments:

Penny Pincher said...

Hope you pop over to mine to pick up latest - ASAP - as I don't know if you aware of this point ... re sitemeter. I would have preferred to email you if I could.
Best wishes.. ;-) x

Henry North London 2.0 said...

Swearblogging is what I do when I think of my ex employers

I have fixed sitemeter

CatWoman said...

I call it Tourette's blogging