Tuesday 18 October 2022

In my next life.....

 ... I am coming back as something decorative and useless.  People will simply write me cheques for how I look.

In this life I am certainly not decorative but annoyingly I am not quite useless.  I am just competent enough to set up, run and grow a business.  It's bloody hard work.

But what's the bloody point when the obviously useless get paid to fail and then get re-appointed?  Yes, I am thinking of you Mr Jeremy Hunt (in passing I think of 'Hunt' in his context as a spelling error).

And because I am not entirely useless I worry about this crap. If I was really useless (or really clever I suppose) I wouldn't.

Sigh.

Mind you this J Hunt got it nearly right - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Hunt

4 comments:

Bayard said...

Years ago, when I was at school a businessman was mentioned (one of these "Captains of Industry" types) who had had quite a few business go under during his leadership or shortly after. A master remarked "I don't think that could have been down to stupidity" (on the CoI's part).

A K Haart said...

I worry about this crap too. I worry about the point of voting, because there doesn't appear to be a point.

Scrobs. said...

That reference to James Hunt is fascinating, andimmediately brings two thoughts to this old head...

1) I would certainly have played rugby, cricket and football against him in St Leonards, (Hastings), and...

2) I spent several happy hours in that pub by the railway bridge in Belmont!

Don't know anything about the other bloke really, who is he?

Doonhamer said...

I know you should not judge a book by the cover so I say nothing about Chancellor Hunt's asymetric, slightly melting face.
But the eyes. The windows to the soul. They are spooky. As if the soul is off somewhere else. I would hate to wake up from a coma and see those eyes looking down on me.