Sunday 1 December 2019

"Last Christmas"

It being the first day of December, we put up the Xmas decorations, and Her Indoors and I went to see Last Christmas.

What can go wrong, I thought, it was universally panned by the critics as a cheesy, predictable Xmas rom-com, guaranteeing that you'll be pleasantly surprised, i.e. coming out thinking "It wasn't that bad, really".

What they don't warn you is that it is a real weepie tear jerker, I was welling up for the last ten minutes, thinking about my own mortality and the meaning of life and stuff.

Awesome!

3 comments:

Lola said...

I challenge any dad not to feel a bit wobbly at the end of the Railway Children as Jenny Agutter sees her Dad emerge through the steam....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkHTT3dJL9E

Rich Tee said...

I steeled myself to watch Holmes and Watson recently, expecting an outright turkey like everybody says it is.

But I found it perfectly enjoyable and I was chuckling the whole way through. Can't understand why everybody hates that film so much.

Mark Wadsworth said...

L, that film was very patchy and didn't move me at all. Each to his own. You might watch LC and agree with the critics :-)

RT, thanks for the tip!