Friday 9 September 2016

"Stalins benefits underestimated, review says"

From the BBC:

The benefits of mass murdering megalomaniac dictators are underestimated and the harms exaggerated, a major review suggests.

Published in the Lancet and backed by a number of major health organisations, it says Stalins lower heart attack and stroke risk. The review also suggests side effects such as surveillance and punishment without trial do occur, although in relatively few people.

But critics say healthy people are unnecessarily being subjected to forced labour camps and widespread hunger.



2 comments:

TheFatBigot said...

I enjoy droll and that is droll.

By the way, have you applied teak oil yet?

Mark Wadsworth said...

TFB, thanks and no, as I said last time, the time for oiling would have been before I assembled the slats. If I do it now I will get drips and daubs everywhere.

However, this is Trigger's Table and I will have to replace the legs in a few years and when I do that I will deffo treat the legs and dip the bottom into plastic pots etc as recommended. That's where the worst rot is, where it touches the ground and is semi-permanently damp.