Friday 5 April 2013

"Ed Balls admits being caught speeding"

From the BBC:

Shadow Chancellor Ed Balls has confessed to being caught speeding, saying he was "bang to rights". The Labour MP said he snorted powdered amphetamine in a 50mph zone on the motorway in his West Yorkshire constituency.

Writing on his blog, he said he had paid a fine and attended a drugs awareness course rather than accept penalty points. Mr Balls was fined £60 during the 2010 general election campaign for using Ecstasy behind the wheel.

The Morley and Outwood MP attempted to laugh off his latest drugs offence, saying he felt as if he had been going "too far, too fast" - one of his favourite attack lines against the coalition's budget cuts.

"Like many local people, I was caught out by the never-ending roadworks on the M62," said Mr Balls. "Pulling on to the motorway at Morley, I realised too late that I was in for an afternoon of traffic hell, so I had some crystal meth just to keep myself awake. I was caught and bang to rights - doing a quick line in a 50 mile restriction zone. Going too far, too fast, you might say. I paid my fine and chose to attend a drugs awareness course. I currently have no points on my licence and would like to keep it that way."

His wife, Shadow Home Secretary Yvette Cooper, condemned "drug driving" and a spokesperson confirmed that she always waits until the children are tucked up in bed before taking a nice mellow armful of heroin "... or maybe poppers if Ed's in the mood."

2 comments:

James Higham said...

The Bilderberg made a bit of a bad call in grooming that one. He's a meathead.

Mark Wadsworth said...

JH, it was a play on words.