Saturday 22 September 2012

'Walkers gave me a Mars bar and saved my life'

From The Westmoreland Gazette

A COAST to coast walker has spoken of his horror after nearly dying during a cow attack in Eden...

He was knocked over by four cows in a field at the edge of Shap. The 48-year-old said if it was not for the help of the Australian walkers and the emergency services he could have died. He was on the third day of his 191-mile walk when the ‘ambush’ happened.

“They were looking at me and I was looking at them but I am always wary of the animals and try to keep my distance," said Mr Gregory. “I saw them coming at me at quite some speed. I let go of my dog's lead – he was panicking. They knocked me down, I lay on my side in a little ball. One cow then stamped on my head; it then stamped on my back.”

The animals went on to kick the experienced walker several times. He was only saved when the cows redirected their attack to Mr Gregory's border collie, Max.

1 comments:

A K Haart said...

"One cow then stamped on my head; it then stamped on my back."

That's just their idea of branding, so other cows know he's been done over already.