Friday 18 May 2012

Reader's Letter Of The Day

From today's Evening Standard (page 61):

I am a public sector worker and have worked and paid tax for all but 10 months in 36 years. I object to my tax going towards people who refuse to work or towards child benefits for families earning far more than me. If my pension has to suffer under cuts I want the right to refuse to pay for such undeserving recipients.

Claire Harding


It's a great template, isn't it? See also:

I have been out of work for 10 months. I object to tax going towards people who have a cushy public sector job or towards child benefits for families earning far more than that. If my dole money has to suffer under cuts I want the right to refuse to pay for such undeserving recipients.

Wayne Slob


or

I am a high paid earner in the private sector and have worked and paid tax for all but 10 months in 36 years. I object to my tax going towards people who refuse to work or towards public sector non-jobs. If my child benefit has to suffer under cuts I want the right to refuse to pay for such undeserving recipients.

Disgruntled of Tunbridge Wells


etc.

4 comments:

Sarton Bander said...

I am a high paid earner in the private sector and have worked and paid tax for all but 4 months in 16 years. I object to my tax going towards people who refuse to work or towards public sector non-jobs or child benefit.

Anonymous said...

I've worked (part-time) for a grand total of 2 years out of the last 25. I've never paid direct tax and my indirect tax liability is small. I have a student loan of 25k that I don't intend to repay. I get my disability supplies free on prescription. I object to having to listen to the whining of people who choose to contribute far more than that to the State.

FrankC said...

Whole lot of fisking going on.

Derek said...

I am a London landlord and have collected rent and avoided tax by using an offshore family trust for all but 10 months in 36 years. I object to my tenants' tax going towards people who refuse to work or towards child benefits for families earning almost half as much as me. If my rental income has to suffer under housing benefit cuts I want the right to refuse to pay for such undeserving ... oh wait a minute.