Friday 2 September 2011

Another bird/motorcycle attack

From The Metro:

"The pigeon smashed through my helmet visor and even smashed the lens of my glasses," [Matthew Brealy] said.

"I was doing 50mph at the time and the impact knocked me unconscious. It appears that I collapsed on the front of my bike and at the same time I hit the throttle, so the bike accelerated out of control. Police told me afterwards they estimated that the bike had gone from 50mph to 140 mph in seconds. Thankfully for me it happened on a straight road which is why I probably didn’t fall off the machine."


The pigeon's suicide mission was probably inspired by the tactic adopted by partisans, which is to string wire across the road at roughly neck height, which neatly decapitates enemy motorcycle riders. We're in big trouble if this catches on.

1 comments:

formertory said...

As a biker I find this worrying. Pigeons are pretty dim at best; I wonder if the cows have perfected a pigeon launcher for use on bikers?

Funnily enough we had a pigeon "fly" (get launched?) full tilt into an office window the other day; must watch for cows lurking in the bushes.