Friday 17 December 2010

Friday night gear change - Xmas edition (4)

I bought this album* when it came out five years ago, so I must have heard this song dozens of times, but I only noticed the truck driver's gear change a couple of days ago because it is of the kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse variety, i.e. if you are blatant enough about something, people often don't realise that you are doing it.

So Billy Idol just smoothly moves up a semi-tone 2 mins 32 into "Yellin' at the Xmas tree" and then continues as if nothing had happened. Cracking video by the way.

* I have always bought all the Generation X, GEN X, Empire, Billy Idol, Westworld and Sigue Sigue Sputnik albums as soon as they hit the shops (except those that I have never heard of), but - to put this kindly - it's the only one of his solo albums that I would recommend to a disinterested third party on musical merit alone. His actual Xmas album is just embarrassing.

0 comments: