Friday 27 November 2009

More bollocks

The Metro follows up yesterday's bollocks-related stories with this:

The [police] officer has compiled a report into the use of mephedrone across the Durham force area and part of his research has focused on online forums.

The report states: 'A large number of contributors state how addictive mephedrone is and they are constantly topping up as one individual states that after using it for 18 hours his hallucinations led him to believe that centipedes were crawling over him and biting him. This led him to receive hospital treatment after he ripped his scrotum off.'

6 comments:

Captain Ranty said...

Call me pedantic but shouldn't your headline read "Less Bollocks"?

I'll get me coat.

CR.

Mark Wadsworth said...

CR, one thing I hate more than pedants is pedants who are right. Although, mathematically the number of bollocks in existence didn't actually change at all.

Captain Ranty said...

Indeed.

I think, in this instance, your pedantry, combined with your ruthless use of mathematics, trumps mine.

A handsome win sir, a handsome win.

I shall take myself orf to endless night and contemplate my misguided scribblings.

CR.

James Higham said...

Oo, I wouldn't like to rip me scrotum off - great bloody thing it is.

banned said...

I read about this mephedrone stuff just the other day, seems the younglings take it with ketamine to get high. If the govt must teach them about drugs, more tales such as this one ( re ex-bollox ) might be the way to do it rather than pointless moralising or how the Police think it makes you a bad person.

Mark Wadsworth said...

B, sure, if the story is true, then they are perfectly entitled to repeat it. But the story sounds completely made-up to me, perhaps he mixed it with LSD or angel dust* or something.

* No I don't know what that is but I've seen "Terminator".