Friday 11 September 2009

Caster Semenya's Desert Island Discs

On the basis of an article in this morning's Metro, I'd guess the list would include some or all of the following...

Sigue Sigue Sputnik "She's my man"
Deep Purple "Strange kind of woman"
Shania Twain "Man! I feel like a woman"
Aerosmith "Dude looks like a lady"
Kinks "Lola"
Prince "If I was your girlfriend"
Alice Cooper "Mary Ann"
Waifs "Billy Jones"
Kate Perry "I kissed a girl"
Mutya Buena "Real girl"
Bob Dylan "Just like a woman"
Lou Reed "Walk on the wild side"
Chaka Khan "I'm every woman"
Happy Mondays "Kinky Afro"
Velvet Underground "Lady Godiva's operation"
Wham "I'm your man"
Peter André "Mysterious girl"

... but I might well be wrong.

4 comments:

Pavlov's Cat said...

and perhaps

Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
Four Seasons - Walk Like A Man

AntiCitizenOne said...

On a more serious note do you think this will end the sexism of women and men competing in separate events?

Anonymous said...

AC1, no chance. The only truly non-sexist sport at the Olympics are the equestrian events. All the others would be completely male dominated (apart from archery or the target shooting sports) were there no separate events.

JuliaM said...

"The only truly non-sexist sport at the Olympics are the equestrian events. "

You mean, they seperate the mares from the stallions?