Thursday 30 April 2009

Let's round off the working day with a nice little FakeCharity

This one was new to me: The Institute of Race Relations. Half their income is from The Big Lottery and the Heritage Lottery Fund (heck knows why they split it up like that) and the other half appears to be legit (see note 7, page 13 of their 2008 accounts).

I'm also rather disappointed to report that Global Cool have finally submitted their September 2007 accounts (after a year and a half) and that they are not a fakecharity at all, but are funded by Man Group plc. Ah well.

3 comments:

Lancashire Lardbucket said...

As we're loosening up on the fake charity front may I add my own suggestion?

Here's another fake charity I'd never heard of. I live not so far from Blackburn.

I give you the Ethnic Minority Development Agency!

Almost all of their funding comes from the county council and the regional development agencies as well as the UK government - there are almost no private donations whatsoever.

Thieving, backward bastards to a man.

Umbongo said...

Why the f*** is the Man Group using its shareholders' resources to finance this load of wibble? I suppose they reckon that when the climate change loonies come to power Man Group will get some kind of dispensation. BTW, since I haven't downloaded from Companies House the accounts of Global Cool Productions Limited (which provides most of Global Cool's income) I am agnostic as to whether or not Global Cool is a fake charity. BTW this lot should whistle goodbye to any custom from those still sane on the subject of MMGW.

Mark Wadsworth said...

U, from that page, IPPR are definitely a FakeCharity (although I can't find the post in which I detailed how much money they get from the government) and the others seem highly suspect.