Tuesday 9 December 2008

Fun Online Poll Results: 82% pass rate!

Least week's Fun Online Poll Question was:

A nuclear power station is to be built. Which of these two statements argues in favour of siting the nuclear power station in an area?
A It will provide more employment in the area.
B. Any release of radioactive material would be very dangerous.


Proper science teacher Philip Thomas has kindly confirmed that A. is the correct answer in the comments.

I am delighted to announce that eighty-two per cent of entrants (me included) achieved a coveted A-star grade for their Science GCSE. The other eighteen per cent will have to make do with a straight A or maybe even a B (or whatever Newspeak for 'fail' is nowadays).

This week's Fun Online Poll: Maths GCSE (courtesy of James Barlow). I'm not sure if it was designed as a multiple choice question, but just do your best.

4 comments:

TheFatBigot said...

Are we meant to guess which of the four is a genuine Maths GCSE question? Or am I missing a question to which the four options are the potential answers?

Mark Wadsworth said...

TFB, that IS the question. I can't help more than that.

Gregg said...

I'm doing a Maths course at the moment Mark. If I get this question right can I regard that as my GCSE A* and drop the course?

Damn, there I go again. That is the logic that led to me not having a Maths qualification in the first place!

Snafu said...

And there I was thinking that the Chernobyl nuclear power station was located where it was so it was remote!

Let's hope all those new nuclear power stations will be built in central London to absorb all those City job losses...

It will also mean cheaper transmission costs!