Thursday 3 April 2008

Ethnic origin; religion

I dropped off the kids at 'summer camp' this morning and had to fill out some forms with contact details, allergies etc (fair enough). There were also two boxes for 'Ethnic origin' and 'Religion'. As I was pressed for time, I couldn't be bothered to slavishly enter 'One-quarter white British, one-quarter white German, seven-sixteenths Malay/Malaysian and one-sixteenth Malay/Indonesian' and so I just scribbled 'None' and 'None' respectively.

It would be much easier if they just gave you a colour-chart and asked you to tick the box that's the closest match to your kid's skin colour.

6 comments:

Gregg said...

Just keep a paint colour chart' from a decent DIY shop handy, then enter the correct shade after holding said chart to child's face.

Or actually, do as you so rightly did Mark and enter "none".

Anonymous said...

"Interesting" might have been a suitable alternative.

Anonymous said...

I was so pleased when I learnt to enter "Human Race".

Mark Wadsworth said...

"Human", brilliant!

Longrider said...

I refuse to answer questions of this nature as the correct answer is "none of your business".

Falco said...

I generally answer: NOYFB